Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Interview with Tupac

As a reporter working for a big magazine like Billboard isn't an easy thing however at the same time there are many advantages to it, one of these advantages is getting to meet many of the famous musician artists. As for myself I got to meet several rap artists, however one interview that I will never forget is the time I got to meet Tupac Shakur. That man was basically known as the man who created rap also known as the "God of Rap", etc. Meeting him was a pleasure and an honor I will remember for a long time.

To sit with a man like Tupac means that no matter what you can't stop talking and asking questions unfortunately I didn't have that much time, I had only 10 min to sit with him so I went straight away with the main questions. I started off by asking the most important question, "What do you think of/about while writing your songs." He replied, "I think about my life, my community, how we're treated, I think about all that when I'm writing my songs because, thats what inspires me to write my songs, when I write my songs I talk about our problems as the black community and what causes our fights, I don't just talk about our problems but, I also talk about how we could unite and solve our problems and face the haters and all that you feel me." Then my second question was, "Why do you think 'racists' would listen to your songs and act better towards you and show your community the same respect they show themselves." Tupac, "Well let me tell you somthin' I don't care who listens to my songs all I care about is whoever listens to it focuses on what I say because, when they do they'll understand our struggles and how we were raised and how the kids now as well were also raised its not the best of life at all thats why I write my songs thats why I don't care if who listens to my songs because if you just imagine how we live then you'll understand and try to help. Unfortunately that was it for the interview thats all I had to ask the man himself Tupac.

As a fan of Tupac's music I realized how deep his music was and what it really meant to him now that I actually sat with him and understood what he wanted the listeners to here. However, it is hard being a "nigga" till this day as racism is increasing and will increase, so having someone like Tupac is important and crucial so that we could understand the Black Community more often and feel how hard it is for them to live.

Hassan Khalil
Billboard Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pic

My Pic
So Cute