Monday, April 24, 2017

Royal Colonial Institute Speech (Igbo's)

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen of the Constitute, I would like to thank you for making me part of this crucial event held today, I feel honored for being here today. Today I will be talking about some important people that I would like to talk to you about and have been connected with them personally before, as well as representing them. These people are known as the Igbo people and I came tonight to make sure that they're heard. As you all may know I represent the Igbo people in the United Kingdom as an ambassador and over my many years in the position I have gathered information and perspectives of how your people see the idea of colonization and taking over a mans country, but I believe it was time to make sure my peoples perspective and views were heard and taken into consideration as both countries are becoming one in some ways.

My people believe in unity, being open to new cultures and idea to understand the world and cultures and others in a more broad way. Therefore we always tend to show respect to other foreign people and their cultures however, expecting that we are shown respect as well. You came to our countries and have influenced some of our people with your British Civilization. The unity my people believe in is that countries of different civilizations are capable of uniting as a powerful country by gaining prosperity from one another. (and not just one end.)

The Igbo people are a very spiritual culture, all their beliefs and decisions are driven by the spiritual forces. They believe in a supreme force, a God with the name of Chukwu They believe that everything which happens in our world happens because of Chukwu’s will, they believe and honor him as he is a higher force that has created all of this living, and with honoring the great God comes the support in setting relationships of the people and countries of the world. This all differs to the British as they believe in the form of governance, unlike the gods of the Igbo. However, looking at it once again difference is key.

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pic

My Pic
So Cute