Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Question on Advertisers

Question
- Do you think advertisers have a moral duty to avoid stereotyping people?

   I believe that advertisers should stay away and avoid stereotyping people because, I think that it isn't right to make people question themselves on why they aren't like these models, and why they aren't suitable to use that product made for specific people. In my opinion I believe all advertisements these days are made for people to question themselves and not believe in themselves this is a huge mistake as I believe these days people have a low self-esteem and insecure about themselves, people these days are insecure about their weight, body shape, skin, etc. These are all factors that advertisers should try to stay away from when advertising as these are the reasons viewers question themselves. 

   I agree with advertisers having to stay away from stereotyping because I believe that people should feel better with themselves depending on the advertisement being shown, especially that advertisement aren chosen by the viewer as they are mostly forced to watch them as everything is advertised. I think that specific adverts should be shown depending on how they present the ad in it and as long as no stereotyping is shown. There are advertisements that are standing up to these specific types of ads on how stereotyping shouldn’t be shown in advertisements and these are the ads that should be shown on T.V, Cinemas, Youtube, etc. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I do understand where you are coming from with this post, however, I don't agree with your response. I think that companies should be able to advertise products however they feel necessary or however they feel fit. I don't think low-self esteem comes from just ads. There are real life situations people face that lowers their self esteem. Most of the time people blame ads because it just easy, not that it conveys a bad message. Being offended from ads is more of a collateral than being a cause.

    ReplyDelete

My Pic

My Pic
So Cute