Saturday, February 11, 2017

Alterity & Subaltern

  As we discussed today in class we looked at post-colonialism methods such as; Hegemony, Diaspora, Essentialism, etc. And we had to link it to the two readings that were recently given to us "Curious George" and "Why My Mother Can't Speak English". These two readings were given as they concentrate on these traits and methods and can easily be linked to them.

The method I decided to use was "Alterity & Subaltern" I found this method to be very interesting as it doesn't only link to the readings but it also links to our society itself. Alterirty & Subaltren means that people are marked by otherness, where difference in skin colour, geography, sex, sexual orientation, and other historical and biological markers of difference are socio-politically discoursed. That was shown in both stories but in my opinion it mostly stood out in "Curious 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Pic

My Pic
So Cute